As part of the Bendigo Bank Seniors Week Festival, the Minister for Seniors and Volunteering, Hon Robyn McSweeney MLC, is offering free entry to Perth Zoo and a free morning tea for grandparents and their grandchildren on Sunday 18 November to celebrate this year’s The Senior Newspaper Grandparents Day.
How do you get free entry?
To receive a free ticket, grandparents must pre-register themselves, plus each grandchild separately by going to the bottom of the screen and clicking CONTINUE BOOKING to continue.
You must have a valid email address in order to pre-register as your tickets and confirmation will be emailed to you once the process is complete.
Each pre-registration allows for a maximum for four people to be booked (any combination of grandparents and grandchildren).
Once pre-registered, grandparents must present their Seniors Card and a printed ticket for themselves, plus one for each pre-registered grandchild (over 4 years), on entry at Perth Zoo.
Children aged under 4 years do not need to pre-register but still receive free entry to Perth Zoo.
Entry for all adults on Sunday 18 November will be discounted to $18, so several generations can join in the fun.
Opening times: Perth Zoo is open from 9am to 5pm
Location: Perth Zoo, 20 Labouchere Road, South Perth
About the morning tea and entertainment
Complimentary morning tea is at 10am at Perth Zoo. A band and face painters will be there to entertain you from 10am to 12.30pm.
Please note children aged under 4 will not be eligible for the free morning tea.
The Velluto Cafe at Perth Zoo will also be offering special discounts on the day.
All pre-registered ticket holders will go into the draw for the chance to win free passes to the Savannah Outlook Tower Experience for a chance to feed a giraffe!
Contact: For more information, or if you need assistance registering for the event, please contact the Bendigo Bank Seniors Week Festival Coordinator at the Department for Communities on 6551 8700 (during business hours).
PLEASE READ BEFORE BOOKING
Terms and Conditions
1. Each grandparent and each of their grandchildren aged 4 and above must pre-register and print a ticket each to receive their free entry and monring tea.
2. Each pre-registration and subsequent ticket is valid for one person only.
3. Each pre-registered grandparent must present a valid Seniors Card on entry to Perth Zoo.
4. Any person (adult or child) that does not have a ticket will not receive free entry or morning tea on the day.
5. Children under 4 years receive free entry to Perth Zoo but are not eligible for the free morning tea.