Big Gospel Sing at Freycinet Eco Retreat
(Mt Paul - Freycinet Peninsula - Tasmania's East Coast)
Saturday 20 October 2012
11.00am - 3.00pm
Online bookings have now closed.
Door sales from 10.30am Saturday!
(workshop only - please BYO lunch)
$25 full, $20 concession, $80 group of four
Come along for a fantastic day of singing in beautiful surroundings, at the gorgeous Freycinet Eco Retreat on Tasmania's stunning east coast.
About the workshop:
- This workshop is a celebration of singing and is suitable for people of all ages and levels of ability. If you just love to sing, or you've always wanted to give it a go, this is your chance!
- The session is relaxed, supportive and friendly, and you'll be looking out to the Hazards as you create beautiful harmonies as part of a four-part a cappella choir for the day.
- We'll sing a mix of great songs, most of them gospel - think big sounds, great chords, and fantastic energy! You don't need any music-reading skills - everything is taught by ear.
- The workshop leader is Jane Christie-Johnston - Director of the Sing For Your Life! Choir in Hobart (www.sfyl.weebly.com), member of a cappella group Heart & Soul, and singer with guitar/vocals duo Silk (www.tadaa.com.au/silk). Jane has run workshops around Tasmania in locations including Bruny Island, St Helens, Triabunna, Devonport, Burnie, Woodbridge, Hobart and more!
About the venue:
- 'The Arc' at Freycinet Eco Retreat is a beautiful workshop venue where you can escape from it all for a great day of singing. The Arc has previously hosted wedding receptions, dinners, and more.
- Basic directions (arriving by car): Turn off the Tasman Highway onto the C302 Coles Bay Road, approximately 25 minutes north of Swansea. Continue for 18km and turn left ('Freycinet Eco Retreat' sign). Follow the gravel road for 2km and follow the signs to the Arc.
- For more information about the venue, and for more detailed directions and maps, visit www.freycinet.com.
- The workshop is a stand-alone four-hour experience, but you have the option of arriving the day before and/or staying on to make a weekend of it.
- Freycinet Eco Retreat offers a variety of accommodation options, including camping, the Saltwater Shack (sleeps four - minimum 2-night booking), and an Eco-Lodge (sleeps 2 - minimum 2-night booking). Note that there is a 15-minute walk between The Arc and the camping area. To find out more about accommodation options onsite, contact the Eco Retreat directly, phone (03) 6257 0300 or email email@example.com.
- There are numerous accommodation options nearby - see www.wineglassbay.com for details. The options closest to the Eco Retreat are Shuckers Cottages, Pelican Bay Bed & Breakfast, Beach Baby and Azure Beach House. Slightly further afield is Sheoaks Bed & Breakfast which also manages six holiday rental houses nearby. Please contact property owners directly to make your accommodation bookings.
- Bookings for the 'optional extra' catered meal options have now closed so that provisions can be purchased in time for Saturday. If you've missed out on the catered lunch, please ensure you BYO lunch on the day - the workshop venue is too far from shops to leave the site during the 30-minute lunch break!
For more information about the workshop:
Don't want to book online?
No worries! Call Jane (see above) for other payment options, including bringing cash on the day.
For more information about Freycinet Eco Retreat
Online sales close at 11am on Friday 19 October
Door sales (WORKSHOP ONLY - NOT MEALS!) available from 10.30am on Saturday.