Your name has been added to the wait list for this event. The event organiser will contact you through your email address once there are available seats / slots.
NaNoWriMo Success - Creative Writing
NaNoWriMo Success - Creative Writing Course
National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) takes place in November every year. The aim is simple: to write 50,000 words during the month. The key to NaNoWriMo success is two-fold:
2. Dedicated writing times and spaces.
My NaNoWriMo Success course is divided into two sections — October is all about essential NaNoWriMo preparation; and then November is about mentorship and driving you to success to meet that word count with fully catered write-ins. The course is designed to suit writers of all genres.
Most importantly, in October you'll get my NaNoWriMo Workbook, which you'll then be able to use to write in November (and for every novel you write in the future). The workbook will include many of the things we'll work on in the October classes - such as your new novel's premise, controlling idea, setting, character pics, character back story, other character exercises and plot breakdown/exercises.
- Sundays in October (10am-4pm), Sundays in November (9am-5pm)
- Two months of weekly sessions for complete creative immersion
- Sessions capped at 20 people
- Creatively inspiring environment — the Abbotsford Convent
- Full catering included on all nine Sundays so you can focus on the writing
- Four days intensive training with PD Martin
- Extensive notes
- In-depth exercises to help you put theory into practice
- Intensive work on characterisation and plot development (with application to your novel)
- PD Martin’s NaNoWriMo workbook
- $1,500 for nine days (inclusive of GST)
- $1,300 Student, concession and early bird (extended to 5pm on 19 September) Use code EarlyBird on checkout
Sunday 5, 12, 19 & 26 October — 10am-4pm
Day 1: Story ideas, genre, research and sense of place
Day 2: PD Martin’s Writing Rules to Live By
Day 3: Character intensive (character exercises to get intimate with your protagonist(s))
Day 4: Plot intensive (plot your novel, ready to start writing on 1 November)
Catering: Coffee/tea on arrival, morning tea and lunch provided.
Sunday 2, 9*, 16, 23 & 30 November, 9am-5pm
Intensive writing sessions lead by PD Martin (note, these are write-in sessions rather than training)
Catering: Coffee/tea on arrival, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
Please email Phillipa on email@example.com for more information. Most people email to ask questions before signing up :)
* Due to the Abbotsford Convent's open day on Sunday 9 November, that session will be held in the Workshop Space at the Wheeler Centre in the city.
1 St Heliers Street
Abbotsford, Victoria 3067
CONTACT DETAILS: Phillipa Martin firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
This event is currently closed and no contact details are available