Cultural Cringe- Dr Carl Hinze
Why Cultural Due Diligence is Critical in Doing Business with China?
Following the sell-out success of the presentation last year, ACBC Victoria is pleased to invite those who missed out to attend a luncheon seminar with guest speaker Dr Carl Hinze, a partner in the Brisbane office of national law firm Holding Redlich.
Carl is a recognised expert in the field of Chinese socio-linguistics and politeness research. He has lived and worked in China for a substantial part of the past 20 years. Before becoming a lawyer, he lectured at the University of Queensland in the School of Languages and Comparative Cultural Studies.
- What is culture?
- The importance of sub-cultures (eg. Local cultures, organisational cultures, etc.)
- The importance of cultural due diligence to commercial transactions in Greater China
- China deals - why things go wrong?
- The dangers of cultural handbooks
- The Chinese Tripod: 'Face', 'Guanxi' and 'Human Feeling'
- Understanding Cultural Differences
- Embracing Cultural Similarities
- Case studies on the dramatic impact of cultural misunderstandings on business in China
- What does all this mean for your business?
Places are limited, please book early! Members will receive priority consideration.
Level 8, 555 Bourke Street
03 9027 5656
This event is currently closed and no contact details are available