National Peace and Anti-War Gathering
Alice Springs, October 2016
Public Forum and IPAN National Conference
A critique of the Australia-US alliance and a call for a more Independent and Peaceful Australia. Hear experienced speakers and engage with others as part of building a national movement for these aims.
you should probably also consider booking for the public forum on the Friday night before the conference.
Pine Gap: Serving US Militarism for 50 years
— Time for Independence?
Saturday 1st October 2016
8:30am - 5:00pm
Chifley Alice Springs Resort
$60 Registration ($30 Concession)
(negotiable if financial constraints)
with morning tea / lunch / afternoon tea provided
preceded by a Public Forum
Friday 30 Sept 2016
6:30pm - 8:30pm
Venue Chifley Alice Springs Resort
High Profile Speakers
$10 entry or by donation
if you require low cost camping / accommodation, please send an email to Jonathan: firstname.lastname@example.org
Topics will include:
- 50 years of Pine Gap: Its’ changing role
- How US facilities in Australia are used in current wars
- The role of drones in modern warfare
- Australian foreign policy in relation to the "US
- The age of surveillance - a new state of being?
- The impact of a military presence on Indigenous peoples
- Peace Agreements: Do they work?
- Engaging in a movement for change