2017 - FOCCUS Pre-Marriage Programme
2017 Course Information and Dates
PLEASE CONTACT CENTACARE FRS FOR FOCCUS BOOKINGS DURING DECEMBER 2017 (OFFICE HOURS ONLY)
***SESSION TIMES CAN BE NEGOTIATED. ***
FOCCUS is a questionnaire-based, pre-marriage education programme for couples contemplating marriage or wishing to explore their relationship prior to making a long term commitment.
The programme enables the couple, with the aid of a trained facilitator, to identify and explore pertinent issues relating to marriage. This process involves each person completing the FOCCUS inventory – a comprehensive set of statements about their relationship. By comparing responses, strengths and areas for growth are highlighted and discussed in feedback sessions. The programme is offered in a private, confidential setting and facilitated by a trained and accredited FOCCUS facilitator.
Sessions are offered in a package of three to four one hour sessions over a period of three to four weeks (as per schedule).
COURSE CONTENT INCLUDES:
- Couple Match (including Lifestyle Expectations, Friends and Interests, Personality Match and Personal Issues)
- Basic Skills (including Communication, Decision Making and Problem Solving)
- Significant Issues (including Religion, Spirituality and Values, Parenting, Extended Family, Sexuality, Finance)
- Special Issues (including Inter-faith Marriages, Second Marriages, Cohabitation, Covenant and Commitment, and Readiness to Marry)
A letter of attendance is provided to couples following completion of the programme. Please note celebrant's name and address on the registration form to assist in the completion of this letter. If unsure of these details, please advise this on the registration page.
All materials required for the programme are supplied.
58 Morgan Street
Fortitude Valley, Queensland 4006
Please note there is no access to Centacare FRS via Berwick Street.
COURSE FEES (Per couple):
Full Fee - $310.00
One Concession (Health Care) Card - $280.00
Two Concession (Health Care) Card - $220.00
Concession Cards must be verified prior to the commencement of the course. Please phone the office for verification.
FOCCUS PROGRAMME: is most suited to couples who:-
- Are able to speak openly about their relationship with a facilitator in private sessions
- Are able to attend three or four sessions during the week
- Have more than three months remaining until their wedding day
- Have a long relationship history
- Already have children
- Are entering a second marriage
- Older couples
- Have English as a second (non-preferred) language
In the event of a cancellation, a $100 administrative fee applies, if notification occurs within ten (10) days of the course commencement. No refund will be provided if this notification is not received. No refund will be given if transfer to another course occurs followed by cancellation. No refund will be provided based on failure to attend the course.
In the event of cancellation of a session, a fee of $75 will be applied for a make-up session.
Please note: Due to the high demand for after-hours sessions, a make-up session in an after hour timeslot cannot be guaranteed.
In the event of a transfer to alternate date options, notification must occur ten (10) days prior to the course commencement. Transfers can only occur based on current course capacity. An administration fee of $100 will apply for transfer of course dates. Please phone Centacare for booking transfers.
Children (of any age) are not permitted to attend courses. Unfortunately we are unable to provide child minding facilities, and cannot allow children to be left unsupervised on the premises.
Centacare Family and Relationship Services P: 07 3251 5000 (Monday-Friday 9am -4pm)
This event is currently closed and no contact details are available