Learn how to restore furniture pieces to recreate your own favourite circa look, be it French provincial, retro or industrial. The workshop will cover surface preparation, paint application, colours, sanding techniques and appropriate accessory enhancement choices.
What To Bring
1. Timber furniture: 2 small furniture pieces e.g. bedside cupboards, timber side tables, timber chairs (not slatted), wooden stools, stepladders, pedestals, hat/coat stands. NO chipboard; solid timber is preferred. Ensure your furniture is clean and free of dust/dirt.
2. Paint: your choice of paint colours. Must be acrylic. If you are wanting a multi-layered effect then white or a light colour works best as a base. Soft pastels tend to work better than darker colours. For small items, 500ml will be sufficient. For larger items (tables), 1L will ensure you have enough. We will have some paint supplies available also for you to use.
3. Paint brushes: one small 5cm wide; one large 10cm wide.
4. Workgloves: not essential, but useful. Likewise for a painting shirt.
5. Lunch and drinks: cafes are nearby and we will provide tea/coffee but you may wish to bring your own lunch and drinks.
Sandpaper and steel wool are provided.
10am - 3pm
The Bower Reuse & Repair Centre: Workshop Space
107 Projects Redfern (enter from Turner Street at rear)
107 Redfern Street
Redfern, NSW 2016
For more information, call The Bower Reuse & Repair Centre on 02 9568 6280 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The organiser will be sent the details of this message.
Sorry, there appears to have been an error. Please try again later.