Badminton Australia will hold its 2017 Australian Para-Badminton Championships on Tuesday 28th February 2017, in conjunction with the 2017 Australian National Championships week. A para-badminton training camp will also take place prior to the competition, allowing players to access coaches to help further develop their skills and knowledge. It is expected that anyone wishing to apply for player funding assistance to attend international events in 2017 and represent Australia at the BWF World Para-Badminton Championships will make themselves available and participate in this 4-day event.
- Saturday 25th Feb: 6:00pm – 9:00pm (on-court), Altona Badminton Centre (Paisley Park/271 Mason Street Altona North)
- Sunday 26th Feb: 2.00pm – 5.00pm (on-court), Altona Badminton Centre
- Monday 27th Feb: 10.00am – 6.00pm (off-court recovery & workshops), Quest Apartments Williamstown North (115/119 Kororoit Creek Rd, Williamstown)
- Tuesday 28th Feb: 9.00am – 3.00pm (approximate times only), 2017 Australian Para-Badminton Championships, Melbourne Sports & Aquatic Centre (30 Aughtie Dr, Melbourne)
Note: Interstate players should book flights to arrive in Melbourne by 12.00pm Saturday and depart Melbourne no earlier than 5.00pm Tuesday. International players should also arrive by 12.00pm and depart no earlier than 7.00pm Tuesday.
All Players: $100 + GST
Badminton Australia will provide the following to participants:
- ·Access to expert on-court and off-court coaching
- ·Competition entry for the Australian Para-Badminton Championships
- ·Accommodation (3-nights) for interstate participants (or those travelling 200km+ from outside of Melbourne)
- ·Ground transfers for interstate participants (including to and from Melbourne Tullamarine airport)
- ·A personalised development plan after the 4-day event
Badminton Australia will not provide the following to participants:
· Financial or other support for interstate travel to Melbourne
· Certificate to support a request for leave from work
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Registrations close on Sunday 15 January 2017.
All players are required to be a registered member of an Association affiliated to Badminton Australia or Badminton World Federation.
All players consent to be filmed or photographed during the training camp and championships, and understand that such information may be used by Badminton Australia and its affiliates for education or promotional activity. Players should advise the contact below if they do not consent.
All players participate at their own risk.