OTWAY EXPLORER - SUNDAY 5TH FEBRUARY 2017
ENSURE YOU BOOK TOUR OPTIONS BEFORE FINALISING PURCHASES - Select "This Event" beside Continue Shopping to be taken back to the main page to be able to add Tour Options to your purchase.
Departing from Southern Cross station – explore the Otway’s aboard Steamrail vintage train behind 2 classic 1950s T Class diesels. Sit back in comfortable 1920s and 1940s vintage compartment carriages, relax over coffee in the Club Cars or travel in the former mail sorting carriage enjoying the fresh air as the train roars across the flat volcanic plains and through historic towns to Colac and Camperdown. Enjoy the wines and beers of the Otway region, travel into the Otway ranges and walk in the tree tops at the Otway Fly or explore Colac or Camperdown. After a full day of exploring, relax with a light snack and refreshments from the kiosk or dance your way home in the dance car.
* Talk to the brewer, tour the brewery and sample some of the 18 varieties of hand crafted beers and ciders over a 2 course lunch at the Otway Estate brewery.
* Sample the wines of the region and relax to jazz at the Gosling Creek Winery.
* Rejoin the train at the beautiful Birregurra station with its orchard of plum trees.
* Travel through the Otway ranges catching glimpse of the former Beech Forest narrow gauge railway to the Otway Tree Top Walk.
* Optional light one course lunch at the Otway fly.
* Walk through the tree tops 30 metre above the ground at the Otway Tree Top Walk
* Explore the rain forest on the interactive trail – perfect for the budding young rangers.
* Wander Camperdown’s Sunday market for a bargain or two.
* Explore the historic town and visit its famous clock tower, court house, museum, or relax over lunch at one if its many fine hotels or cafes. Take an optional one hour tour of the nearby lakes and hills and marvel at the scenery and geological history of the area.
* Go first class! Enjoy exclusive use of Club Car Moorabool, morning tea, wine and cheese and a light supper on the journey back to Melbourne.
Our on train facilities include a kiosk, which stocks a wide range of light refreshments, sandwiches souvenirs and hot and cold drinks. A licenced bar will also be opened serving a range of wine and beer and spirits.
SUBJECT TO CHANGE. PLEASE CHECK THE TIME SHOWN ON YOUR TICKETS.
8.10am SOUTHERN CROSS 7.20pm
11.45am CAMPERDOWN 3.50pm