In 1881, the people of Coranderrk Aboriginal Reserve went head-to-head with the Aboriginal Protection Board. Their goal was both simple and revolutionary: to be allowed to continue the brilliant experiment in self-determination they had pioneered for themselves on the scrap of country left to them.
ILLBIJERRI Theatre’s acclaimed production pays tribute to the resilience and adaptability of a people who rose to the challenge despite the odds, appropriating the power of the written word to make their own voices loud and clear. It is both great theatre and great history.
WHEN Friday 26 May and Saturday 27 May,
1pm (11am per-show talk) and
8pm (6pm per-show talk)
VENUE FCAC Performance Space
COST Evening ticket Full $35/Concession $26
Matinee ticket $30 full / Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community $10
School tickets $26
- There will be a pre-show talk 2 hours before the performance starts, pre-show talk run for 30-45 minutes
- There will be a post-show Q&A after each performance
- Lockout: Latecomers are not permitted for performances – there is a total lockout (also for patrons who leave during the performance, who will not be permitted to return).
- There is no interval
- The performance is appropriate for people over the age of 15 years
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander audiences are warned that this production contains images of deceased persons
Reception 9362 8888
1- Image by Tyson Mowarin