- Join Horticulturalist Elizabeth Swane as she presents her recommendations for reliable plants in therapeutic gardens. Elizabeth brings a wealth of knowledge, with 40 years' experience in horticulture.
- Informed plant selection makes the garden an important resource for leisure activities based around gardening - including watering, taking cuttings, picking flowers for posies and cultivation. Plant selection needs to be engaging for visitors, staff and residents, and have seasonal interest and diversity. Sensory plants have appeal in touch, sight and smell, and can also evoke memories - important in aged and dementia care. It is also important to select the right plants to suit the climate (or micro climate), water and soil conditions as well as maintenance requirements.
- Afternoon tea will be provided at this event.
- If you wish to pay cash at the door, please enter the promotional code "CASH" at the checkout when booking.
DATE AND TIME
- Saturday 22 July 2017, 2-4pm
Location AND PARKING
Telopea Centre - TAFE NSW Ryde Campus
250 Blaxland Road, (entry via Parkes Street), Ryde, NSW 2112
Proceed through the boom gate, the Telopea Centre is on the left. Continue past the Centre for parking.
This event is currently closed and no contact details are available