Stand-Up Comedy for Beginners and the Terrified
Gavin Baskerville's popular comedy workshop series is on again in HOBART!
Dates for the next workshop course are:
- Five Saturday morning sessions (every Saturday in August plus Sat 2 September)
- PLUS a rehearsal session on Monday 4 September
- PLUS a 'graduation' performance night on Tuesday 5 September
$250 full, $210 concession
(registrations close at 5.00pm on Friday 4 August 2017, earlier if sold out - sorry, no door sales available)
Professional comedian Gavin Baskerville has been teaching stand-up comedy for almost a decade, to Adult Education course participants, students, corporate groups and a wide range of other people who are keen to learn more about the 'finer art' of stand-up comedy.
After eighteen years as a comedy performer, writer and producer in the Australian comedy industry, including several years performing onboard cruise ships, Gavin has seen it all – the good, the bad and the ugly – and now you can benefit from his experience and expertise in a workshop setting. The workshop program explores everything from writing jokes and creating routines to performance techniques and effective stagecraft, and the course is designed to inspire, motivate and challenge you.
Workshop highlights will include learning to write your own jokes, learning about how comedians 'do what they do', turning your life experiences into comedy routines, learning from a professional comedian with extensive festival, corporate and club performing experience, and kick-starting your own comedy career.
Registration fee includes:
- Five Saturday morning workshop sessions held at the Polish Corner in New Town (home of Jokers Comedy Club) – sessions are on 5, 12, 19 and 26 August and 2 September, and each session runs 10.00am - 12.30pm.
- A pre-performance rehearsal session on Monday 4 September, 7.30pm.
- A 'graduation' performance night on Tuesday 5 September (7.30pm), also at the Polish Corner on the Jokers stage.
- Course notes (printed handouts).
- Free entry to Jokers Comedy Club for four shows - 9, 16, 23 and 30 August (book by 31 July to get free entry on 2 August as well!)
- Reduced one-on-one comedy coaching rate if you want to continue working with Gavin after you’ve completed this workshop series.
- Maximum group size of twelve participants.
The workshop venue:
The Polish Corner (formerly known as the Polish Club) – corner Main Road and Augusta Road, New Town (entry from the Augusta Road side of the building).
For more information about the workshop:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Gavin on 0427 726 123
For more information about Gavin Baskerville:
This workshop is presented by Ta-Daa! Professional Entertainment and Gavin Baskerville.
Bookings close at 5.00pm on Friday 4 August (earlier if sold out).