Stand-Up Comedy for Beginners and the Terrified
Gavin Baskerville's popular comedy workshop series is on again in HOBART!
It's the busy end of the year so the next course will be run over three weeks instead of five
- but it'll still include all the same great content, plus a chance to perform at the end of the course!
Dates for the next workshop course are:
- Three Saturday workshop sessions (7, 14 and 21 October, 10am-3pm)
- PLUS a rehearsal session on Monday 23 October
- PLUS a 'graduation' performance night on Tuesday 24 October
$250 full, $210 concession
Professional comedian Gavin Baskerville has been teaching stand-up comedy for almost a decade, to Adult Education course participants, students, corporate groups and a wide range of other people who are keen to learn more about the 'finer art' of stand-up comedy.
After eighteen years as a comedy performer, writer and producer in the Australian comedy industry, including several years performing onboard cruise ships, Gavin has seen it all – the good, the bad and the ugly – and now you can benefit from his experience and expertise in a workshop setting. The workshop program explores everything from writing jokes and creating routines to performance techniques and effective stagecraft, and the course is designed to inspire, motivate and challenge you.
Workshop highlights will include learning to write your own jokes, learning about how comedians 'do what they do', turning your life experiences into comedy routines, learning from a professional comedian with extensive festival, corporate and club performing experience, and kick-starting your own comedy career.
Registration fee includes:
- Three Saturday workshop sessions held at the Polish Corner in New Town (home of Jokers Comedy Club) – sessions are on 7, 14 and 21 October, and each session runs 10.00am - 3.00pm (tea/coffee/biscuits provided, BYO lunch).
- A pre-performance rehearsal session on Monday 23 October, 7.30pm.
- A 'graduation' performance night on Tuesday 24 October (7.30pm), also at the Polish Corner on the Jokers stage.
- Course notes (printed handouts).
- Free entry to Jokers Comedy Club on 11, 18 and 25 October (book by 30 September to score a free ticket to 4 October as well!).
- Reduced one-on-one comedy coaching rate if you want to continue working with Gavin after you’ve completed this workshop series.
- Maximum group size of twelve participants.
The workshop venue:
The Polish Corner (formerly known as the Polish Club) – corner Main Road and Augusta Road, New Town (entry from the Augusta Road side of the building).
For more information about the workshop:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Gavin on 0427 726 123
- We'll send you an email a couple of days before the first session with a reminder.
For more information about Gavin Baskerville:
This workshop is presented by Ta-Daa! Professional Entertainment and Gavin Baskerville.
Bookings close at 10.00pm on Thursday 5 October (earlier if sold out).