Your name has been added to the wait list for this event. The event organiser will contact you through your email address once there are available seats / slots.
Northern NSW Community Housing Transfers
With the NSW government announcing the transfer of another 18,000 public housing properties to the community housing sector in coming years, many tenants are asking what it will mean for them and their tenure in social housing.
This Coffs Harbour forum aims to bring together agencies responsible for implementing the transfers with tenants and other stakeholders to clarify who will be impacted by these changes, when they take effect, how they will be implemented, and discuss what agencies and tenants will need to successfully navigate the process.
Our DRAFT agenda for this half day forum is as follows - we will update this page with times and speaker information as it is confirmed:
- Introduction and aims - Shelter NSW and Tenants Union NSW
- Overview of the transition community housing – who will be impacted, how it will work, timetables, etc. (presentation followed by audience Q&A) - FACS
- The tenant experience of transferring from public to community housing - Community housing tenants
- Compact project overview– preliminary findings and principles to underpin effective community engagement - Shelter NSW
- Light lunch (provided)
- Consulting with tenants: experience of community housing providers - NSW Federation of Housing Associations
- Group discussions: What information and support will tenants need to navigate the transfer process? What are the community’s expectations? What can FACS and community housing providers do to support tenants?
- Feedback from group sessions
Close - 2pmWhen: Monday 22 May 2017 - 10.30am - 2pm (light lunch provided)
Where: Curran Centre conference rooms, 12 Gordon St Coffs Harbour NSW
Cost: $30 (social housing tenants free)
PLEASE NOTE: If the event is booked out, please register to go on the wait list and we will contact you.
Sarah Wilson, Shelter NSW
02 9267 5733 ext 12
This event is currently closed and no contact details are available