Day 1 - Consultation Day - book in for a 20-min one-on-one expert consultation session and/or attend demonstrations as an Observer.
Day 2 - Activity Day - listen to talks, and attend caring for wartime memorabilia demonstrations and information sessions.
- Jude Fraser specialising in paper based wartime memorabilia (photos, prints, documents and diaries);
- Holly Jones-Amin specialising in 3D artefacts (uniforms, military kit and equipment, medals and textiles);
- David Gardner, Director of the RAAF Museum who will assist with general and historical information.
Twenty-minute sessions run from 10am to 4pm and bookings are essential. Please note, these sessions are almost sold out so extra consultations are available to book on Saturday 1 July during the Activity Day.
Memorabilia brought in for these sessions will be photographed as a documentary record of the workshops.
For your safety and that of others STRICTLY NO WEAPONS OR MUNITION. If you would like advice about these, please bring a photo.
Rolling collection care demonstrations will also be running throughout the day. These include cleaning of metals, archival storage for memorabilia, preventive measures and storage of textiles and researching military history.
We encourage people without memorabilia wishing to view sessions to book an observer ticket.
Day 2: Saturday 1 July 2017 10-4pm
10:15 am Talk: Caring for Wartime Memorabilia
11am to 4pm: Extra expert consultations are available to book with our experts
Rolling collection care demonstrations will be running during the day.
- cleaning of metals,
- checking and preventing insect attack,
- disaster preparedness in the home,
- removing photographs from magnetic albums,
- researching military history and medal information,
- preventive and storage of textiles memorabilia.
Geelong West Town Hall – Supper Room
153 Pakington Street, Geelong West, VIC 3218
+61 3 9348 5700