SRT Volunteer Training July 2017
- Do you care about the plight of refugees in Sydney but don't know how you can help?
- Do you want to share Christ's love with refugees?
- Want to offer practical help and friendship to a refugee or asylum seeker family?
- Want to volunteer with the Sydney Refugee Team?
- The training is a 1 and 1/2 day training, please plan to attend both days for the scheduled times
- Friday 7 July 6.30pm-9.30pm AND Saturday 8 July 9.30am-4.30pm
- Biblical perspectives
- Refugee experience
- Refugee processing systems in Australia and internationally
- Role and care of a volunteer
- Sharing a meal with a refugee family to hear from their experience
27 Iron St. North Parramatta, NSW
Sydney Refugee Team
(02) 9890 2244
- Currently the primary role for Sydney Refugee Team volunteers is to be matched with a refugee or refugee family and visit regularly. We suggest visiting a minimum of once a fortnight with a commitment of at least one year.
- Other roles can include:
- Assisting with transport to appointments
- Assisting with sorting food parcels each week
- Assisting with sourcing or delivering furniture as required
- Running one-off events
- Assisting at our biannual SRT Family Weekends
- All volunteers must complete an application at completion of training. The application includes two referees and a NSW Working With Children Check.
- Sydney Refugee Team is a ministry of International Teams Australia.
We are a Christian mission organisation committed to demonstrating and declaring the love of God.
This event is currently closed and no contact details are available