The Art & Skill of Collaboration 2 day Masterclass
Effective collaborations bring together stakeholders with lots of different perspetives, values, priorities and definitions of success. When a collaboration is working well, it can harness all that diversity to be more innovative, more impactful and more integrated. In our experience, getting a collaboration to fulfil that potential can be challenging. People stop turning up to meetings, there’s unspoken conflict about who does what, and different agendas at play.
The Art & Skill of Collaboration is a two day Masterclass that will provide you with cutting-edge leadership theory and new skills to lead your collaborations to success.
The Masterclass covers the theory, the practice and the core skills of collaboration including what collaboration is, when it’s useful to collaborate, what stops collaborations from succeeding and strategies for developing strong collaborations that achieve results. By the end of the program you will have new insights, new skills and an action plan to progress your own collaborative initiative and solve your toughest challenges!
This program is intended to strengthen participants’ ability to:
- Recognise the purpose of collaboration and the contexts where collaboration is most useful.
- Understand the factors which make collaboration more difficult, including competition and control.
- Map your collaboration, including identifying what’s already working well and how to build on that, what might be getting in the way, and where there might be untapped potential.
- Learn and practise skills in building collaboration and working with conflict.
- Implement strategies to work effectively with diverse interests, loyalties and values among stakeholders.
WHO IS THIS MASTERCLASS FOR?
This is an opportunity for people from across all sectors who are working on or planning to commence a collaborative challenge. At Social Leadership Australia we believe that “leadership is a role, not a position”, which means that everyone involved in a collaboration can exercise leadership to enable the collaboration to be more effective. So this Masterclass is for anyone involved in a collaboration, whether you are the person ‘in charge’ or ‘just a part of the team’.
This Masterclass has been designed for people who are working on:
- Cross –sector projects:
- Initiatives which bring NGOs, government and community together to solve an ongoing problem, whether it’s a complex social issue or improving service access and service models
- Collaboration within or between government departments
- Collaborations between the NGO, government and corporate sector.
- Organisations undergoing organisational development, culture change and innovation.
- Companies developing CSR, social investing, community stakeholder engagement.
DATE & TIME
Date: 15 - 16 August 2017
Time: 9.00am to 5.00pm
Holiday Inn - Potts Point
203 Victoria Street, Potts Point NSW 2011
- SLA Alumni: $990
- Not-for-Profit organisations: $1210
- Corporate/Government: $1540
For more information please contact Nathalie Kats
Phone: 02 8262 3582