Eat Well Play Well Term 4 2017
These sessions are open to all community members and are run on Tuesday mornings at 10am during School terms. They take place at Banyule Community Health, 21 Alamein Road West Heidelberg. The sessions will run for 1-1.5 hours.
Information handouts are provided at each session and we welcome questions and discussion from attendees.
Numbers of attendees for each is capped, so please register your attendance through this page.
We look forward to meeting everyone throughout 2017
Session dates: 10th October, 31st october, 21st November and 12th December.
- Best age to start solids. Reducing food allergy risk.
- Transition from spoon-feeding to finger food and family food.
- Preventing choking. Easy, healthy family meal ideas.
- Making and storing baby food. Using bottles and cups.
- Other topics: organic vs conventionally grown food, vegetarian diets for mums and babies, baby lead weaning. Best drinks for toddlers.
Session Dates: 24th October and 28th November
- How much and what foods toddlers need each day.
- Why toddler’s appetites vary from day to day and how to manage this.
- How eating with your child helps teach healthy eating habits.
- Division of responsibility at mealtimes: ‘Parents provide, children decide’.
- Easy & nutritious meal, snack, and lunchbox ideas.
- “Everyday” and “sometimes” foods. Best drinks for children.
- Ideas for active play with your children.
- Children’s speech development.
Nutrition and Exercise for Mums after Pregnancy:
Session dates: 14th November
- How much and what foods mums need while breastfeeding.
- Eating well for health after pregnancy.
- Meal planning and shopping tips for healthy family meals.
- Developing healthy family eating habits.
- Exercise after pregnancy for a strong back and pelvic floor.
Nutrition During Pregnancy:
Session dates: 17th October
- Should I eat for two? How much weight should I gain? Which fish is safe?
- Should I take supplements? Should I avoid any foods in pregnancy?
- General healthy eating advice in pregnancy (nb: not suitable if you have gestational diabetes or specialist needs).
This event is currently closed and no contact details are available