Your name has been added to the wait list for this event. The event organiser will contact you through your email address once there are available seats / slots.
Hero Town: Standard Mental Health First Aid in Geelong
Standard Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) teaches adults how to assist other adults who are developing a mental health problem or in a mental health crisis. Learn about:
- the signs and symptoms of the common and disabling mental health problems, including:
- substance use problems,
- suicidal ideation,
- non-suicidal self harm,
- aggressive behaviours, and
- psychotic episodes.
- where and how to get help when someone is developing a mental illness,
- what sort of help has been shown by research to be effective, and
- how to provide mental health first aid in a crisis.
This is a 12-hour course, which we will deliver as a 2-day training package. Course participants receive a copy of the MHFA Manual to keep and a Certificate of Completion. Attendance is required on both days, in full, to receive the certificate.
$199 per participant, includes manual, certificate, lunch, and other resources
Save: Contact us (details below) to arrange professional development in your workplace.
Hero Town Admin Team
03 5215 0486
This event is currently closed and no contact details are available