Anaesthetic Emergency Response (A.E.R.A) ALS and ANAPHYLAXIS
Monash Simulation are currently revising their 2019 program.
Anaesthetic Emergency Response Activities (A.E.R.A) CARDIAC ARREST (ALS) and ANAPHYLAXIS
RECOGNISED FOR ANZCA CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Monash Simulation is a state-of-the-art and innovative education centre committed to improving patient safety through realistic simulation.
The Anaesthetic Emergency Response Activities are designed to meet requirements outlined by the ANZCA Continuing Professional Development Program for Anaphylaxis and Cardiac Arrest.
Program Learning Aims
Two activities can be completed in a half-day program. Please see individual session times for further details.
• Practice of basic and advanced life support including effective chest compressions, administration of drugs, safe use of the defibrillator for shockable and non-shockable algorithms,
• Discussion and management of reversible causes of cardiac arrest,
• Practice of team coordination when managing a simulated cardiac arrest.
• Practice and management of anaphylaxis in the setting of anaesthesia,
• Use of best evidence to diagnose, treat and refer episodes of suspected anaphylaxis,
• Practice leadership and team skills in the management of perioperative anaphylaxis.
Who can attend?
The course is designed for Consultant Anaesthetists, Fellows, Registrars and GP Anaesthetists. Anaesthetic nurses/technicians with at least one year's experience in anaesthesia/recovery are welcome to attend. Please contact Monash Simulation for more details.
Refreshments are provided for both morning and afternoon programs. A lunch bag is provided for those coming from or going to clinical work. Please inform us of any special dietary requirements at the time of booking.
Monash Simulation email: MonashSimulation@monashhealth.org Phone: 03 9928 8314
Please note that in order for the course to run to a strict timeframe, we request that you arrive at least 5 minutes prior to the course commencement time. Monash Simulation has the right to refuse entry into a course if late arrival occurs. Please see the terms and conditions.
The organiser will be sent the details of this message.
Sorry, there appears to have been an error. Please try again later.