Your name has been added to the wait list for this event. The event organiser will contact you through your email address once there are available seats / slots.
Revitalising English: Planning programs for Year 7 or 8.
Revitalising English: Semester/Year-long planning for Years 7 or 8 English
Choose between either of the following two dates:
Monday 13 November 2017 OR Thursday 23rd November 2017
Holden Street Theatre, Hindmarsh (map below)
I have designed this workshop for those coordinators or key teachers who want to revitalise their Year 8 English curriculum, or are welcoming Year 7 into the high school in 2018. The workshop may be particularly useful if the English coordinator and a key Year 7 or 8 teacher are able to attend together.
During the workshop, you will
• Work with a maximum of eleven other teachers
• Articulate priorities for your campus, and changing needs of students in English at Years 7 or 8
• Develop creative solutions to student engagement, textual choices and assessment design
• Map the Australian Curriuculum Content Descriptors and Achievement Standards to suit diverse cohorts
• Consider the integration of research-based teaching practices that support improved literacy development
• Create an overview of at least one semester to frame more detailed planning within the teaching team
• Have access to materials online during the day, and with your faculty until the end Term 1, 2018.
• Have an opportunity to join a network of other participants to share ideas and units via on online forum into 2018.
Who should attend:
All English teachers are welcome. However, the workshop may be particularly useful if the English coordinator and a key Year 7 or 8 teacher from the same school are able to attend together.
9am- 3pm, on either Monday 13 November 2017 OR Thursday 23rd November 2017. Please be ready to commence on time so that we are able to finish on time at 3pm.
Where? Holden Street Theatre, 34 Holden St, Hindmarsh SA 5007
We will have exclusive use of the lounge/bar area of the Holden Street Theatre. In my pursuit to find a spacious, comfortable venue, this seems ideal. It is reasonably central, parking is free without time restrictions, wifi is available and I’ve organised an excellent caterer.
What to bring:
• Please bring along your laptop or tablet
• Any lists or examples of resources you are considering for Years 7 or 8
• If available, student surveys or data that might influence your planning.
All bookings must go through this TryBooking site and will be processed in order of receipt. If you register, you can expect an email from me again in the days leading into the workshop to remind you of details. Costs are
• $245 for one teacher, or
• $450 for two teachers booking together from the same school.
Please contact me with any inquiries: email@example.com or 0419767479.
This event is currently closed and no contact details are available