Your name has been added to the wait list for this event. The event organiser will contact you through your email address once there are available seats / slots.
Writing and Teaching Narratives - Nov 2017
Writing and Teaching Narratives: Years 6 to 12
Friday 24 November 2017
Holden Street Theatre, Hindmarsh (see map below )
This workshop is designed for teachers of English keen to learn more about the narrative form and how to engage and support all learners to construct a successful story. the workshop will include strategies for stretching and disciplining the most confident writers through to those who struggle to find ideas or complete tasks.
During the workshop, you will
• Work with a maximum of eleven other teachers
• Articulate priorities for your classes and school in relation to writing narratives
• Develop creative solutions to student engagement, writing practices and the formulation of narratives
• Map Australian Curriuculum Content Descriptors and Achievement Standards against the teaching and production of narratives
• Consider/define precise goals for improvement in narrative writing using school data (and this might include SACE and NAPLAN data)
• Have access to materials online during the day, and with your faculty/teaching team until the end Term 1, 2018.
• Have an opportunity to join a network of other participants to share ideas and units via on online forum into 2018.
Who should attend:
All English teachers are welcome. However, the workshop may be particularly useful if two teachers from the one school attend together, and please note that discount is offered in this case.
9am-3pm, Friday 24 November, 2017. Please be ready to commence on time so that we are able to finish on time at 3pm.
Where? Holden Street Theatre, 34 Holden St, Hindmarsh SA 5007
We will have exclusive use of the lounge/bar area of the Holden Street Theatre. In my pursuit to find a spacious, comfortable venue, this seems ideal. It is reasonably central, parking is free without time restrictions, wifi is available and I’ve organised an excellent caterer.
What to bring:
• Please bring along your laptop or tablet
• Two to three examples of student narratives from your own classes (with names removed) - for practical purposes please print these for working in groups on the day.
• If available, class or school data that might influence your thinking and goal setting.
All bookings must go through this TryBooking site and will be processed in order of receipt. If you have successfully booked, you can expect an email from me again in the days leading into the workshop to remind you of details. Costs are
• $245 for one teacher, or
• $450 for two teachers booking together from the same school.
Please contact me with any inquiries: email@example.com or 0419767479
This event is currently closed and no contact details are available