Your name has been added to the wait list for this event. The event organiser will contact you through your email address once there are available seats / slots.
Writing Reports & Papers (Sydney - 3rd May 2018)
Writing Reports & Papers, Sydney 3rd May 2018
Designing a paper for publication or a report for a client is a complex process. Through the Writing Reports & Papers workshop, we show you how to design your document according to the aim of your project and your audience needs. We explain what you need to write in each section of your document, paying particular attention to the introduction and discussion sections. The workshop includes practical exercises that allow you to work on your own project(s).
Learn how to
- Identify your audience and how to accommodate their needs
- Clarify the aim of your document
- Introduce your topic clearly and in context
- Discuss your findings while maintaining relevance and impact
- Decide what literature or information should be included to strengthen your story
What you take away
- Improved report and paper writing skills
- A rewritten draft of your own work that you complete during the workshop (optional)
- Editing and feedback of one page of your writing completed by the presenter (optional)
- The Writing Clear Science workshop handbook
- A workshop participation certificate
- Worksheets and templates for future use
- Recommended reading list
Australian Writers Centre, 55 Lavender Street, Milsons Point, NSW 2061
- $370 incl. G.S.T. Includes morning & afternoon tea and resources.
- 10% earlybird discount (expires 6th March 2018)
- Additional discounts are available every month through our free email newsletter.
- Bookings and further information www.writingclearscience.com.au
- Download the brochure
- Credit Card - Click the 'Book Now' button above
- If you require an invoice for your institution to process, or you wish to pay by cheque or direct bank transfer - please Download the registration form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will shortly receive your booking notification and invoice (incl. bank account details).
About the presenter
Since 2005, Dr Marina Hurley has specialised in teaching scientific and professional writing through her Writing Clear Science training consultancy. Prior to 2005, Marina worked as an ecological scientist for 20 years. Marina is Visiting Fellow at UNSW teaching PhD students. Based in Melbourne, Marina regularly travels across Australia delivering workshops. au.linkedin.com/in/marinahurley/
Contact Details: Dr Marina Hurley 0416 097-979, email@example.com
-‘An excellent workshop. I gained a lot of valuable information. The course was presented well by an enthusiastic trainer with outstanding knowledge of the topics.’ -‘Excellent balance of practical and theory. The workshop was run at a good pace and flowed well. Good amount of breaks.’ -‘Thank you for the brilliant writing course. …I am looking forward to practicing the writing skills I gained during the workshop.’
Who can attend
- Postgraduate students
- Research scientists
- Government researchers
- Graduate scientists
- Technical Officers
- Science professionals
- Science communicators
- Non-fiction professional writers
This event is currently closed and no contact details are available