With Sensitivity & Confidentiality - Family Violence
An opportunity for Lay Ecclesial Ministers (LEMs) to be equipped with the necessary background and knowledge to accompany and assist those experiencing family violence. This session will be facilitated by Psychologist and Family Therapist Pat Boyhan and cover the following topics:
- What are the different types of family violence?
- Who are victims and what is the impact on them?
- What are the risk factors?
- What is your responsibility?
- What can you do in your role?
- Ways to identify family violence, speak about family violence, respond to disclosures and know who (and when) to refer people to
126 The Avenue
Parkville Victoria 3052
Telephone: (03) 9926 5765
9.00am - 9.30am Registration (morning tea)
9.30am - 9.45am Welcome / Opening prayer
9.45am - 11.15am Session 1
11.15am - 11.30am Break
11.30am - 1.00pm Session 2
1.00pm - 1.30pm Lunch
1.30pm - 3.00pm Session 3
3.00pm Thanks and Conclusion
This event is currently closed and no contact details are available