Your name has been added to the wait list for this event. The event organiser will contact you through your email address once there are available seats / slots.
MINDFUL LEADER - HINDMARSH Fri 1 June 2018
You have probably heard about the growing momentum of mindfulness programs being introduced into preschools and schools across the world… but do you understand why?
If you are already one of the progressive educational sites who are implementing mindfulness with your students, are your staff skilled to use mindful practices themselves… are you?
Do you feel confident that students are being provided with mindfulness practices not simply relaxation activities?
This ‘Mindful Leader’ Program is a FULL DAY introductory program. The cost of the full program is $275 per person.
This 7 hour introductory program is designed specifically for educational leaders in preschools and schools to learn about the leadership and practices of mindfulness.
The course covers:
An introduction to the history, research and neuroscience of mindfulness in education.
- Benefits of mindfulness for students, staff and leaders
- Models of implementation being used in schools and preschools (including Positive Education and SEL Programs)
- Mindfulness practices vs relaxation activities
- Personal mindfulness practices including; the use of breath, sound, and body awareness to anchor in the present, the development of compassion and self- awareness of your emotions & thoughts to skilfully respond in challenging situations. (* this is a core part of the program)
- Develop mindful leadership qualities
# Leadership teams are encouraged to attend, as discussion/ planning time can be supported not only during the training days, but between sessions as well if required.
Program dates: Fri 1 June (FULL DAY COURSE) from 9.00am - 4.00pm
See all our courses on the website www.themindfulclassroom.com.au
Milner St, Hindmarsh, South Australia
This event is currently closed and no contact details are available