This unique course is designed for health professionals wanting to increase their knowledge and practical skills in the Perioperative Management of patients with Known or Suspected Obstructive Sleep Apnoea (OSA).
Who should Attend
Anaesthetists, Respiratory & Sleep Physicians, Perioperative Nurses, Perioperative Physicians, Respiratory & Sleep Nurses, Advanced Trainees, Sleep Scientists, GP’s, Physiotherapist & Physicians/Surgeons interested in the perioperative management of this patient population
The course has been developed with & is conducted by experts from the Sleep & Ventilatory Services, Department of Respiratory Medicine, The Alfred:
- Prof Matt Naughton, Head, General Respiratory & Sleep
- A/ Prof Belinda Miller, Staff Specialist, Respiratory Physician
- Ms Catherine Buchan, Senior Respiratory Therapist
- Ms Kim Hopkinson, Respiratory Therapist
- Dr Eli Dabscheck, Consultant Physician
- Ms Teanau Roebuck, Head Sleep Scientist
- Ms Sally Ho, Senior Sleep Scientist
Topics covered include:
- What is sleep? - overview, history, assessment
- Sleep & anaesthesia - define the difference
- Sleep clinical history & assessment
- How we monitor sleep
- Perioperative management of known or suspected OSA
- Practical strategies & tools for preoperative, intraoperative and post-operative management of OSA
- Interactive, hands on workshop
- Case studies
$300 - Includes morning tea, lunch and course material.
Early Bird $260 before 30/6/18. Alfred Staff discounts apply
Sessions generally kickoff at 8:45 for 9:00 am start finishing 5pm daily.
AMREP Education Centre
The Alfred, Commercial Road Melbourne VIC 3000
Janet Williams - Sue Reiff 03 9076 2382
The following companies have provided financial support for the centre and/or specific support for this event and will be participating in the Sponsors’ Exhibition on the day of the event: TBC
Educational material has been developed independently of any sponsors.