Your name has been added to the wait list for this event. The event organiser will contact you through your email address once there are available seats / slots.
MINDFUL TEACHER - NEWCASTLE; Wed 13 & 27 June 2018
The course is held over multiple weeks, allowing for personal practice in between the sessions. The cost of the full program is $155 per person.
This beginner level program, is designed specifically with teachers/ educators in mind, however this course would also be useful for any adult who works or interacts in settings with children. The course includes a balance of learning about mindfulness and practical applications with time to practice.
The course includes:
- An Introduction to Mindfulness
- Mindfulness techniques: different practices will be taught each week including using the breath, awareness of body, becoming more heart-centred, mindfulness of feelings, thoughts & emotions
- Simple neuroscience of mindfulness (why it works) - Using mindfulness in the classroom or when working with children (particularly challenging ones)
- Becoming more mindful of the life/workload balance - Identifying emotional responses and ways to create calm in difficult situations
- Nurturing self-compassion for yourself and the students you work with
- Teacher’s Toolbox : 5 minute mindfulness practices for the classroom.
Program dates: Wednesday 13 June (part 1) and Wed 27 June 2018 (part 2) from 4.00 - 6.30pm
Venue: # NEW VENUE - now being held at... Callaghan College Jesmond Campus, Jane St Jesmond NSW 2299
- Central Coast: ,
Our ONLINE Mindful Teacher courses are also available - starting first Friday of every month.
To see dates and the full course program - go to http://themindfulclassroom.online/
See all our courses on the website www.themindfulclassroom.com.au
Callaghan College Jesmond Campus
Janet St, Jesmond, New South Wales 2299
This event is currently closed and no contact details are available