Simulation Instructor Training: Intermediate Program
SIMULATION INSTRUCTOR TRAINING: INTERMEDIATE PROGRAM
The Intermediate Simulation Instructor Training Program is designed to build on the foundations of the introductory course to enhance and maintain delivery of high quality simulation education.
The program specifically focuses on uncovering the reasons why challenging situations may arise when planning, delivering or debriefing simulation scenarios. Designed to stimulate thought-provoking discussions to interrogate possible causes, the program also analyses participant and instructor perspectives in the delivery of ‘challenging scenarios’ or when debriefings unearth interesting communication exchanges.
- Advanced conversational, feedback and debriefing techniques to mitigate and manage challenging debriefing situations,
- Techniques to identify and manage complex emotional reactions,
- Analysis of scenario design methods and practices to mitigate flaws and establish an ideal learning climate,
- Peer-to-peer feedback to develop your team: ways to optimise simulation faculty development.
- Registrants must have demonstrated completion of an introductory simulation education program: (e.g. Monash Simulation’s Introductory Instructor Training Program (or similar), NHET-Sim, or a graduate certificate in HPEd/ simulation education.
- The program is best suited to those who have regular involvement in simulation education. Entrée into the program requires registrants to undertake an elective activity (see below).
- Elective Activity: Registrants must undertake the following pre-program reflective preparation for discussion on Day 1 of the course:
- List the goals you would like to achieve in the program.
- Write a brief paragraph about a situation/event/subject you find challenging when designing or delivering simulation scenarios and/or debrief discussions.
- Come along with a scenario you have developed that you would like to finesse or receive assistance with, or
- Come along with a clinical/education challenge you would like to design a simulation program for.
An interactive format combines didactic presentations with experiential activities to stimulate learning. The program will include practice in the delivery of simulation scenarios and facilitation of complex debrief discussions in a variety of settings.
The two-day program commences at 8am each day and concludes at 5pm. We request that you arrive 15 minutes prior to course commencement.
The program is fully catered for. Please inform us of any special dietary requirements when you book via the TryBooking registration platform.
- $2,600 for Medical Consultants
- $700 Nurses, Allied Health specialties, Paramedics & Medical Trainees
* All fees are inclusive of GST
823 – 865 Centre Rd
Bentleigh East VIC 3165
Phone: +61 3 9928 8314
Fax: +61 3 9928 8400
This event is currently closed and no contact details are available