35 Billyard Avenue
Wahroonga, New South Wales 2076
Mrs Sally Oong
Sacramental Preparation Co-ordinator, Holy Name Catholic Parish, Wahroonga
(02) 9489 3221
1. The candidate's Confirmation (Saint's) Name is recommended to be the name given to them at Baptism, if this is a Saint's Name. If not, please choose the name of a suitable, canonised Saint. Please discuss this with Sally Oong if you require assistance with this choice. You can advise this name by week 2 if not yet chosen. The Saint's name shuould be of relevance to your child: Feast day near their birthday, affinity with the Saint's life or cause, own name, name of person special to them.
The website http://www.catholic.org/saints/ is a good place to start.
2. The Sponsor must be a practising Catholic, who is a fully-initiated member of the Catholic church and over the age of 16. It is desirable that the Godparent at Baptism, if present, also be the Sponsor at Confirmation. A parent cannot be the sponsor. Another adult may 'stand-in' on the day for the Sponsor, if the Godparent cannot attend.
If you wish to discuss any of the above, please contact Sally Oong at email@example.com
Eligibility: Candidates must be Baptised and be seven years of age or older (Year 2 minimum). Confirmation is celebrated prior to Reconciliation and First Eucharist.
Parents’ Evening: Compulsory attendance by one parent/carer (not children)
Tuesday 21st August, 7-9pm in the Prouille School Hall, 5 Water Street, Wahroonga.
This is a compulsory evening for one parent or carer, not for children.
Please bring (or, preferably, email to Sally): a copy of the candidate’s Baptismal Certificate and a photo for display in the church. Please enrol your child online before this evening, if possible.
· Please enrol and pay online.
· Saint’s Names: http://www.catholic.org/saints/stindex.php
Group Leaders’ Training: Group Leaders only – Leaders will be decided at the Parents’ Evening
Tuesday 28 August, 7pm, Prouille School – i.e. for parents who can help by leading/facilitating a group, not ‘teaching’ the lessons. Sally will confirm venue (i.e. school or church sunroom)
Preparation Lessons: ALL COMPULSORY for the candidate and a parent/carer.
These are held at Prouille School, (please meet first in the School Hall each week) 5 Water St, Wahroonga, on:
1. Saturday, 1st September at 3.30pm,
2. Saturday, 8th September at 3.45pm,
3. Saturday, 15th September at 3.45pm, each followed by 5pm Mass at church.
Each week, it is also compulsory to attend the 5pm Saturday Mass.
Practice: 6pm, Wednesday, 19th September, 2018. Compulsory attendance for all Candidates
Celebration of Confirmation: SUNDAY 23rd September at 11.30am at Holy Name Church.
This event is currently closed and no contact details are available