Your name has been added to the wait list for this event. The event organiser will contact you through your email address once there are available seats / slots.
Multidisciplinary Paediatric Sleep Meeting (2 Day Event)
AN INTERDISCIPLINARY TEAM APPROACH TO CHILDREN'S AIRWAY HEALTH
Paediatric Dental Sleep Medicine Course
This 2 day course directed by medical and dental experts from leading interdisciplinary sleep medicine institutions will provide an overview on normal sleep maturation, respiratory physiology and craniofacial development in children.
Participants will be equipped to identify and offer timely referral when problems are occurring. They will be able to discuss the various treatment pathways available to address specific risk factors for more effective management and to minimise the development of lasting morbidity.
This course promotes a team approach to screening and management and is open to all dental, medical and allied health professionals.
- Dr Umakanth Katwa - Paediatric Sleep Physician and Director of the Sleep Lab at Boston Children's Hospital/Harvard
- Dr Audrey Yoon - Paediatric Dentist, Orthodontist and Sleep Apnoea Research Team Member with Stanford Medical Centre
- Dr Jeff Rouse (via Zoom Live) - Prosthodontist and Faculty Member of Spear Education teaching Airway Prosthodontics
- Dr Kevin Boyd (via Zoom Live) - Paediatric Dentist and Dental Consultant for Lurie Children's Hospital Sleep Medicine
- Rochelle McPherson - Oral Myologist, Director and Lecturer for the Australian Academy of Orofacial Myology
- Dr Rosalba Courtney - Osteopath with PhD in Breathing
- Maternal Snoring and OSA: Impact on the Fetus
- Normal Sleep and Breathing Physiology in Children
- Structure, Function and Stability of Upper Airways: Role in Paediatric OSA
- Impact of Disordered Breathing on Craniofacial Growth and Health
- Phenotyping Paediatric OSA - Precision Diagnosis and Management
- How to Screen for Paediatric SDB in Your Office
- Diagnostic Modalities and Challenges in Evaluation of Paediatric OSA
- Role of Soft Tissue Surgery and Drug Induced Sleep Endoscopy in Children
- Growth Modification Therapies: Role of Orthodontic Interventions and Case Reviews from 2 Year Olds to Young Adults
- How to Integrate Myofunctional Therapy
- Ankyloglossia: Role in Craniofacial Development and OSA and Frenum Surgery Techniques
- Paediatric Sleep Bruxism
- How to Build a Multidisciplinary Team
15-16 February 2019
Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre
South Wharf, Melbourne
This event is currently closed and no contact details are available