Your name has been added to the wait list for this event. The event organiser will contact you through your email address once there are available seats / slots.
How to Write Concisely (Melbourne - 30th October 2018)
How to Write Concisely
Melbourne 30th October 2018
For science to be understood, assimilated and further developed, it needs to be accessible through clear and concise writing. The half-day How to Write Concisely workshop shows you how to remove clutter, repetition and excess detail from your writing without sacrificing your message. The workshop includes practical exercises that allow you to work on your own project(s),
Learn how to
- Edit and critique writing to improve clarity and meaning
- Decide what detail is necessary to express an idea or topic.
- Identify and fix writing that is ambiguous, unclear, repetitive and long-winded.
What you take away
- Improved writing and editing skills
- A rewritten draft of your own work that you complete during the workshop (optional)
- The Writing Clear Science workshop handbook
- A workshop participation certificate
- Worksheets and templates for future use
- Recommended reading list
When & where is the next workshop?
- Melbourne 30th October 2018: 9.30 am - 1.30pm
- Download the Brochure
The Seminar Room, Sir Zelman Cowan Centre, 295 Queen St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- $195 (incl. g.s.t) Includes morning tea and resources.
- >10% earlybird discount (expires 2 weeks prior to commencement of workshop)
- Additional discounts are available every month through our email newsletter.
- Credit Card - Click the 'Book Now' button above
- If you require an invoice for your institution to process, or you wish to pay by cheque or direct bank transfer - please Download the registration form and email it to email@example.com. You will shortly receive your booking notification and invoice (incl. bank account details).
About the presenter
Since 2005, Dr Marina Hurley has specialised in teaching scientific and professional writing through her Writing Clear Science training consultancy. Prior to 2005, Marina worked as an ecological scientist for 20 years. Marina is Visiting Fellow at UNSW teaching PhD students. Based in Melbourne, Marina regularly travels across Australia delivering workshops. au.linkedin.com/in/marinahurley/
More Information: Download the brochure or visit www.writingclearscience.com.au. To help you prepare for the workshop, read Marina Hurley's blog so that you can familiarise yourself with her teaching approach.
Contact Details: Dr Marina Hurley 0416 097-979, firstname.lastname@example.org
-‘An excellent workshop. I gained a lot of valuable information. The course was presented well by an enthusiastic trainer with outstanding knowledge of the topics.’ -‘Excellent balance of practical and theory. The workshop was run at a good pace and flowed well. Good amount of breaks.’ -‘Thank you for the brilliant writing course. …I am looking forward to practicing the writing skills I gained during the workshop.’
Who can attend
Non-fiction professional writers
This event is currently closed and no contact details are available