How does it work?
What will we be learning?
Our two day course is packed with sailing knowledge and the chance to improve your hands on experience. You'll participate in all boat preparation, operation, mooring and sailing activities including -
- Safety aboard, MOB recovery and the chain of command.
- Clothing and lifejackets.
- Parts of the boat, terminology, rigging.
- Sail handling - hoisting, trimming, use of the winch, reefing, dropping, folding and stowing.
- Knots - the two basic knots that will make you a crew member.
- Steering - all points of the wind, basic wind awareness.
- Weather - whether or not to go sailing :)
- Boat layout and where to find things ... and where to put them away!
- Mooring and un-mooring - the ultimate in crew work.
- Rules of the road and avoiding other boats - why everyone has a role.
Never a dull moment - our previous new crew have been know to say, "I'm fine for now can we just sail for a while".
The program for each day will vary according to the weather conditions so be prepared to be flexible.
Enthusiasm and the correct clothing according to the weather. Please be aware of your sensativity to motion sickness and take the necessary precautions.
Bring a Friend (two people) $650.
Family ticket (Up to four) $1100
50 Quay Boulevard
This event is currently closed and no contact details are available