More Sailing - stage 2
More Sailing - stage 2
How does it work?
What will we be learning?
What would you think if you boarded a commercial airline flight and they DIDN'T do the safety briefing? That's why your instructor is asking YOU to do the safety briefing - you need to know what questions to ask a skipper if they forgets to tell you. Our two day course will have you both learning and wondering how your going to learn all you need to know. A good sailor knows the limitation of their knowledge and how to stay within that boundary.
- Use of safety equipment.
- Emergency procedures, MOB, flooding, fire, grounding.
- Parts of the boat, rigging.
- Sail handling - changing sails, reefing, trimming.
- Knots - yep, more on knots - there is a LOT of rope on a yacht.
- Crew morale - Using the galley and related matters.
- Weather - more on weather.
- Boat layout chart and where to find things ... and where to put them away!
- Mooring and un-mooring - including piles, mooring bouys, piers and marinas.
- Rules of the road and avoiding other boats, including night work.
There's never a dull moment - our previous new crew have been know to say, "I'm fine for now can we just enjoy the sail for a while!"
The program for each day will vary according to the weather conditions so be prepared to be flexible.
Previous experience and knowedge equivalent to having completed a two-day "Start Sailing" course preferably supplemented by a few hours sailing in different conditions. If in doubt please call us for advice.
What to Bring
We'll provide all the onboard catering, meals ashore are at your cost. The house specialty is eggs benedict for breakfast. If you have any dietary requirements please let us know at least a week prior to the course. We have no trouble catering for ceoliacs and vegetarians. If you have specific alergies we can generally accommodate you but please contact us to check before registering.
We can provide outer layer clothing, lifejackets and sailing gloves.
Please bring suitable clothing and a sleeping bag or similar.
Bring a Friend (two people) $650.
Family (two adults, up to four children) $1100.
50 Quay Boulevard
The organiser will be sent the details of this message.
Sorry, there appears to have been an error. Please try again later.