EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST -BRONZE MEDALLION
Commencing in our club house between 2.00 p.m. and 5.00 p.m. on Sundays with the first aid component involved in this course to be covered by the candidates attending the Provide First Aid Certificate course being held in our club house on an additional Saturday date tbc- this Bronze Medallion course will continue on Sunday afternoons for eight weeks
The aim of this course is to provide participants with the skills and knowledge of basic patrolling and surf awareness in order to be able to participate in lifesaving operations. This is the core award to be a surf lifesaver in Australia.
The following nationally recognised units of competency are issued upon completion of this award:
- PUA21012 Certificate II in Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue):
- PUACOM001C Communicate in the workplace
- HLTFA201B Provide basic emergency life support
- PUASAR013A Participate in an aquatic rescue operation
- PUATEA001B Work in a team
- PUATEA004D Work effectively in a public safety organisation
- PUAOHS001C Follow defined occupational health & safety policies & procedures
- PUAOPE013A Operate communications systems and equipment
- PUASAR012C Apply surf awareness and self rescue skills
Candidates may also be issued the following unit:
- HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation [CPR]
Candidates must meet ALL of the following conditions:
- be at least 15 years of age on the date/s of assessment
- complete an unaided swim (goggles/masks permitted) of 400 metre swim in nine (9) minutes or less, in a swimming pool of not less than 25 metres, or over a measured open water course which will be observed prior to the candidate undertaking any water training or assessment activities, evidence of which must be provided to the Assessor on the appropriate form prior to commencement of the assessment for this qualification
The organiser will be sent the details of this message.
Sorry, there appears to have been an error. Please try again later.