Your name has been added to the wait list for this event. The event organiser will contact you through your email address once there are available seats / slots.
Rail and Sail - Sunday 21st October 2018
1. Sail First from Melbourne to Geelong and Return by Rail (Sail First)
2. Rail First from Melbourne to Geelong and Return by Sail (Rail First)
3. Rail from Melbourne to Geelong and Return (Rail Only)
Voyage on Port Phillip Bay in stylish ‘Art Deco’ ambience on our chartered ship, the luxurious ‘Victoria Star’. Weigh anchor and set sail from Dock 14, Central Pier, Docklands, located at the edge of the city. Cruising down the Yarra River, watch while our Captain skilfully guides our passage under Bolte and Westgate Bridge. See the fascinating activity of Melbourne’s docks before we pass Williamstown’s historic shipyards and time ball tower at Point Gellibrand.
At a sedate 10 knots, Melbourne’s skyline gradually recedes from our elegant water borne vantage point as we glide close by shipping from around the globe; anchored awaiting entry to the Port of Melbourne. We sail past Point Cook, the Point Wilson explosives berth and Portarlington. Enjoy the gentle caress of the sea breeze, and perhaps a drink or light snack from the licensed bar, and ask yourself if this isn’t the most relaxing journey you’ve ever experienced. ‘Victoria Star’ docks at Steampacket Pier on Corio Bay, in the heart of Geelong’s delightful waterfront.
Today, travel is at a leisurely pace and you may open the windows and relive the nostalgia of the past. We pass the historic bluestone station of Little River, one of the oldest in Australia with the distinctive You Yangs as the backdrop, and as we approach Geelong, glimpse the water on which we cruise later (or on the way down). Historic Geelong railway station is a 15-minute stroll from Steampacket Gardens and is close to city attractions.
‘Victoria Star’ in a previous life was Sydney ferry ‘Lady McKell’. In this guise, she transported millions around the harbour and was a three times winner of the Great Sydney Ferry race. With no expense spared she has been transformed into a luxury pleasure cruiser to sail on Port Phillip Bay. She features large upper and lower decks, with areas of both indoor and outdoor seating, plus fully licensed bar with light refreshments.
FORWARD BY SAIL
|VICTORIA HARBOUR||9.30am||GEELONG STATION||3.55pm|
|STEAMPACKET PIER||1.20pm||SOUTHERN CROSS||5.13pm|
FORWARD BY RAIL
|SOUTHERN CROSS||10.45am||STEAMPACKET PIER||2.00pm|
|GEELONG STATION||12.00pm||VICTORIA HARBOUR||6.10pm|
RAIL ONLY OPTION
|SOUTHERN CROSS||10.45am||GEELONG STATION||3.55pm|
|GEELONG STATION||12.00pm||SOUTHERN CROSS||5.13pm|
* * * If they do not arrive, please check your Spam/Junk Mail Folders. * * *
* * * Note: If you would like to verify your selected journey when the Ticket(s) arrives, please look for SECTION on each Ticket. * * *
* * * Passengers who have booked Rail Only will see that the SECTION on their Ticket is Rail Only. * * *
* * * Passengers who have booked Rail First & Sail Return will see that the SECTION on their Ticket is Rail & Sail. * * *
* * * Passengers who have booked Sail First & Sail Return will see that the SECTION on their Ticket is Sail & Rail. * * *
This event is currently closed and no contact details are available