Your name has been added to the wait list for this event. The event organiser will contact you through your email address once there are available seats / slots.
How to be an Efficient Writer (online) - 7th Feb. 2019
How to be an Efficient Writer
online workshop opens 7th February 2019 2pm (AEST)
Do you struggle with the amount of time it takes to write? When writing about science it is easy to drift onto related topics in the researching, planning and writing stages. Dr Marina Hurley shows you to stay on track and be more efficient at each stage of the writing process:- 1. researching your topic, 2. planning your document outline, and 3. staying focused when writing and rewriting your early drafts.
Learn how to
- Get your thoughts down quickly and manage your time effectively
- Understand the writing process and the key factors leading to inefficient writing
- Focus and develop your core topic outline in your first draft
- Manage multiple writing projects and monitor your productivity
What you take away
- Improved writing and project management skills
- An action plan to monitor your efficiency and productivity
- A first draft outline of a new document (your choice of topic)
- The How to be an Efficient Writer workbook (worksheets, exercises and checklists)
- A workshop participation certificate
- Lifetime access to the course lectures
- Bonus private online tutorial group
- Live webinar Q&A sessions
- Additional training resources
- Four modules delivered over four weeks (est. time 2 hrs / week)
- Each module contains 3-4 lessons plus additional training resources
- Each lesson includes 1 lecture video (max 20 mins) plus worksheets & exercises
- Complete at your own pace
When is the next workshop?
- The next online workshop opens Thursday 7th February 2019 2pm (AEST)
- Download the Brochure
- $395 (incl. gst.). A special 50% discount is offered in return for joining the feedback program (includes one feedback survey per lesson plus 3 post-workshop surveys)
- Additional discounts are available every month through our email newsletter.
- Credit Card - Click the 'Book Now' button above
- If you require an invoice for your institution to process, or you wish to pay by cheque or direct bank transfer - please Download the registration form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will shortly receive your booking notification and invoice (incl. bank account details).
About the presenter
Since 2005, Dr Marina Hurley has specialised in teaching scientific and professional writing through her Writing Clear Science training consultancy. Prior to 2005, Marina worked as an ecological scientist for 20 years. Marina is Visiting Fellow at UNSW teaching PhD students. Based in Melbourne, Marina regularly travels across Australia delivering workshops. au.linkedin.com/in/marinahurley/
More Information: Download the brochure or visit www.writingclearscience.com.au. To help you prepare for the workshop, read Marina Hurley's blog so that you can familiarise yourself with her teaching approach.
Contact Details: Dr Marina Hurley 0416 097-979, email@example.com
-‘An excellent workshop. I gained a lot of valuable information. The course was presented well by an enthusiastic trainer with outstanding knowledge of the topics.’ -‘Excellent balance of practical and theory. The workshop was run at a good pace and flowed well. Good amount of breaks.’ -‘Thank you for the brilliant writing course. …I am looking forward to practicing the writing skills I gained during the workshop.’
Who can attend
Non-fiction professional writers
The organiser will be sent the details of this message.
Sorry, there appears to have been an error. Please try again later.