Folds and Flexagons Workshop
Explore Mixed Media & Book Arts
with returning Canadian book artist Dea Fischer!
Folds and Flexagons - Introduction to different folded books structures, including the Turkish Map Fold and the Flexagon. Once your structures are built, you will be able to decorate and add content, leaving with books that are all your own.
Morning/Afternoon tea provided
Participants Should Bring:
- a good pair of sharp scissors;
- a bone folder-these are available in various sizes and materials but a 6" to 8" folder made of cow bone is preferable-these can be obtained from your art supplier;
- a craft knife with extra blades;
- a metal or metal-edged ruler 12" or longer;
- a 90 degree triangle or square (a 6" sewing square is an adequate and affordable option);
- a small cutting mat or piece of strong cardboard to cut on;
- two large glue sticks (UHU is preferable both for performance and archival quality);
- a pencil and sharpener;
- Ephemera, non-copyrighted images, papers, fabrics, pens or embellishments the you may wish to use; and
- an apron to protect your clothing if desired.
|Venue:||Sarsfield Recreation Reserve Hall
10 School Road, Sarsfield
|Workshop Time:||Thursday 15 November, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm|
|Ticket Prices:||Workshop Fee: $175.00|
Contact: Andrea Court
Telephone: 0408 707 543
This event is currently closed and no contact details are available