Fundamentals of ECG Interpretation and Management
The program will be delivered over 6 weeks of 2.5hrs session (90mins lecture and 60mins face-face tutorial).
Intended Learning Outcomes
- Apply an understanding of normal cardiac function and electrophysiology to a cardiac assessment
- Apply basic principles of cardiac rhythm analysis to a rhythm strip and correctly identify normal and abnormal cardiac rhythms
- Demonstrate knowledge application of interpreting abnormalities in a 12-lead ECG
- Be able to recognise life-threatening arrhythmias and acute ECG changes and initiate timely management actions
- Describe the causes, significance, treatment, and management in the different types of heart blocks and arrhythmias
- Analyse modalities of treatment for arrhythmias: non-pharmacological and pharmacological
Medical and Nursing
Course Dates in year 2019
1st Intake: 6th February to 13th March 2019 (every Wednesday), 10am to 1230pm
2nd Intake: 1st May to 5th June 2019 (every Wednesday), 10am to 1230pm
3rd intake: 4th September to 9th October 2019 (every Wednesday), 10am to 1230pm
The Royal Melbourne Hospital Clinical Simulation Centre
Ground Floor West, 300 Grattan Street, Parkville, VIC 3050
The organiser will be sent the details of this message.
Sorry, there appears to have been an error. Please try again later.