Please join us at our charity ball at the Hellenic Club’s Olympus Room on Saturday 2 March 2019.
The GACA (Greek-Australian Charity Association) is a registered Not-for-Profit organisation formed to organise this significant event for the benefit of groups both in Greece and Australia. The vision is to reignite the Greek-Australian Ball to being a feature event, bringing together Australians with and without Greek heritage and the indigenous community.
The purpose of the Ball is to promote Greek language, history and culture; in particular, to the Australian community – and to cultivate and enhance a more powerful relationship with the greater Australian community.
The committee is excited to present the ball as an opportunity to raise the profile of the strong relationship between the two countries, while generating funds to be donated to:
- Zanneio Child Care Institution – Athens
- Public Schools of Kythera – Greece
- Marymead - Canberra
- Hellenic Dancers - Canberra
The committee is organising an extensive array of activities on the night, including – a three course meal with traditional Greek food, live band, Andrew Daddo as the MC, lucky door prizes, auction, raffle and of course dancing. Incredible prizes will include:
- 7 days Insight Vacations Christmas tour Vienna/Budapest and Prague - Value $5550.00 for two people
- 2 x Economy Class airfares Canberra to Europe - Value $3000.00 (Not for travel 01 July till 31 August 2019)
- 3 Days 2 nights Princess Cruise Australian Coastal sailing – Value $1238.00 (twin share balcony)
- 1 x Sydney Roosters Training Experience and Game Pass - Value $1,000.00
- 1 x Framed and Signed Sydney Roosters Guernsey – Value $500.00
- $150.00 Voucher for the Olive Restaurant
- $150.00 Voucher for Agostini’s Restaurant at the East Hotel
- $150.00 Voucher for Pomegranate Restaurant in Kingston
- 3 watches by jeweller Andy Popescu - Value $180.00 each
- 11 nights’ accommodation in Greece as follows – Value $3000.00
- 1 night Athens
- 3 nights Mykonos
- 3 nights Santorini
- 3 nights Paros
- 1 night Athens
- 2 x framed original oil paintings by Dutch artist Michiel Tan (Fishing Boat ashore in Crete & Amir Ali Lagathi in Kythira) – Value $1,000 each
Menu on the night
Shared Platters Hellenic Mezethes Calamari, marinated chicken wings, melitzanosalata, keftedes
Greek salad with olive oil vinaigrette
Basket of Sourdough Bread
Slow Cooked Lamb seasoned with oregano & lemon, served with mash potatoes, green beans & a port jus (GF)
Shared Platters of Greek Sweets - Kok, Karythopitta and Galatoboureko
Freshly Brewed tea and coffee with afterdinner mints
We have already gained sponsorship from some companies and many other organisations have been approached as part of our Gold, Silver and Bronze sponsorship packages. Should you wish to be a sponsor please contact Yianni Logothetis (0405 173 904) or Robert Henman (0421 040 086).