Your name has been added to the wait list for this event. The event organiser will contact you through your email address once there are available seats / slots.
Awareness for Life - A Social Skills Programme for Teens
AWARENESS FOR LIFE
A Social Skills Programme for Teens
Geelong | Sunday 18th November, 2018
This course focuses on helping students (aged 13-15) gain skills to develop a positive self-awareness that will contribute to making a lasting impression. Etiquette expert and founder of ‘The Standard Companion’, Ana Retallack, will guide the students to building strong self-esteem through improved social skills, body language, good posture, and mindfulness. As well as learning the value of positive body language, self-respect and respecting others, they will also gain invaluable strategies for managing nerves.
This course is ideal for those wishing to increase their general social and self-awareness in order to behave and manage themselves in a wide range of situations.
First Impressions Count
- The importance of a good handshake
- Meeting new people and making confident introductions
- Small talk, ‘big’ talk & topics to avoid
- What to do when you don’t catch their name
- Party tricks and tips!
- Mobile phone manners
- and more.....
Body Language and Posture
- How to present ourselves positively
- Recognising positive and negative body language signs
- Don’t cross your arms and other body language pitfalls
- Standing tall and sitting straight
- Walking well to instill self-confidence
- How your state of mind affects your overall wellbeing
- Common feelings and emotions for teens
- Mindfulness and lifestyle changes
- Support options
Modern Table Manners
- Navigating a place setting
- Which bread plate is mine? Which glass do I use?
- Napkin etiquette
- Dos and don’ts in a dining environment
- Your duties as a host - and a guest!
- Knowing when to start
- How not to ‘HKLP’! Holding cutlery correctly
- Polite table talk
- Passing and offering food
- How to deal discretely with food you don’t like – and offend no one!
- What to do when we have finished eating
Date: Sunday 18th November, 2018
Venue: Sacred Heart College, Retreat Road, Newtown VIC 3220
Time: 10am – 2.30pm projected finish
Price: $160 per person
Price includes full tuition, light refreshments, a 2-course lunch, together with notes provided shortly after completion of the course, and a Certificate of Completion.
Please Note: The Standard Companion reserves the right to change modules. Students will be informed where possible about major changes.
- Contact Details
This event is currently closed and no contact details are available