Info Session | Summer Housing SDA Apartments, Woolloongabba
Summer Housing presents - THE MEWS, WOOLLOONGABBA (SPECIALIST DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION)
Summer Housing has teamed up with a local developer to build ten SDA (high physical support) apartments peppered throughout a larger multi-stage development in Woolloongabba. The apartments are due for completion in April 2019.
Summer Housing is proudly working with the Summer Foundation during the tenancy application process and together the organisations are hosting information sessions about the Woolloongabba apartments.
Who should attend?
- People with a disability seeking housing to a high physical support design, OR people who are supporting someone who is.
- Support coordinators, case managers, social workers, discharge planners, allied health professionals and anyone working with people who may be eligible for Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) apartments (to a high physical support design).
What can you expect to learn from this information session
You will learn:
- Who can apply for these apartments (eligibility) and the application process
- The design, features and model of support within the apartments
- The SDA pathway for NDIS participants
Summer Housing and Summer Foundation staff will be available to answer any questions you have in relation to the Woolloongabba apartments and SDA, high physical support.
What is Summer Housing?
Summer Housing is an approved NDIS Service Provider of Specialist Disability Accommodation. Summer Housing expands the housing options for younger people with disability who currently have little choice but to live in nursing homes where they frequently lead impoverished lives, characterised by social isolation and boredom.
What is Summer Foundation?
The Summer Foundation is an independent not-for-profit organisation that is leading the way in changing human service policy and practice related to young people in nursing homes.
Wednesday 28 November or Thursday 29 November or Friday 30 November
Time: 1:30pm to 3:00pm
Venue: Hear and Say
Address: 29 Nathan Avenue, Ashgrove QLD 4060
Parking: Limited onsite parking available
The organiser will be sent the details of this message.
Sorry, there appears to have been an error. Please try again later.