NDIS & Health: Leaving Hospital Well (WA State Forum)
You are invited to be part of a state forum on the hospital discharge pathways for people with disability and complex needs. The forum will assist health practitioners to improve their understanding of the health and NDIS interface. Many young people leaving hospital after a traumatic accident or injury will be eligible for NDIS supports. These supports will assist them to move out of hospital in a timely way and reduce the likelihood of readmission. Effective collaboration between the health system and the NDIS is key in coordinating their transition back into the community.
During this state forum learn about:
- NDIS access and planning for complex-needs patients
- Health system reform driven by the introduction of the NDIS
- Exploring housing options
- Insights into national best practice for patients with an acquired disability
- VIC-specific case studies
This forum has been designed for:
- Clinical Discharge Managers
- Rehabilitation Unit Managers
- Health Liaison Officers
- Senior Clinicians
- Health Practitioners
- Allied Health Teams
- Other health professionals with an interest in recent changes to hospital discharge processes
DATE: Thursday 6 December 2018
TIME: Please arrive at 9:00am for a 9.30am start. The session will conclude at 4.00pm. Lunch provided.
DIAL IN: Videoconferencing details will be made available closer to the date. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book into the video conference.
VENUE: The Health Department of WA
ADDRESS: 189 Royal St, East Perth, WA 6004
This event is currently closed and no contact details are available