Your name has been added to the wait list for this event. The event organiser will contact you through your email address once there are available seats / slots.
How to Design Effective Sentences & Paragraphs
How to Design Effective Sentences & Paragrapshs
Melbourne 27th March 2019
Are your sentences long and rambling? Do you struggle to develop your ideas logically within a paragraph? In this half-day workshop, Dr Marina Hurley shows you how to design effective sentences, without needing to learn grammar terms, and different ways to structure your paragraphs. This workshop includes practical exercises that allow you to work on your own project(s).
Learn how to
- Design sentences that present ideas in a straightforward manner
- Link sentences together to form a logical development of ideas.
- Design paragraphs that both stand alone and link to each other.
What you take away
- Improved sentence and paragraph construction skills
- Rewritten drafts of your own work that you complete during the workshop (optional)
- The Writing Clear Science workshop handbook
- A workshop participation certificate
- Worksheets and templates for future use
- Recommended reading list
When & where is the next workshop?
- Melbourne 27th March: 9.30 am - 1.30pm
- Download the Brochure
The Seminar Room, Sir Zelman Cowan Centre, 295 Queen St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- $195 (incl. GST) Includes morning tea and resources.
- >10% earlybird discount (expires 2 weeks prior to commencement of workshop)
- Additional discounts are available every month through our email newsletter.
- Credit Card - Click the 'Book Now' button above
- If you require an invoice for your institution to process, or you wish to pay by cheque or direct bank transfer - please Download the registration form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will shortly receive your booking notification and invoice (incl. bank account details).
About the presenter
Since 2005, Dr Marina Hurley has specialised in teaching scientific and professional writing through her Writing Clear Science training consultancy. Prior to 2005, Marina worked as an ecological scientist for 20 years. Marina is Visiting Fellow at UNSW teaching PhD students. Based in Melbourne, Marina regularly travels across Australia delivering workshops. au.linkedin.com/in/marinahurley/
More Information: Download the brochure or visit www.writingclearscience.com.au. To help you prepare for the workshop, read Marina Hurley's blog so that you can familiarise yourself with her teaching approach.
Contact Details: Dr Marina Hurley 0416 097-979, email@example.com
-‘Fantastic and useful; I found it helpful to work through the practical exercises “.
-‘‘Excellent -clear presented well slides and did not contain too much content. Useful group exercises and discussion”
- “Will recommend to my fellows to attend this thank you!”
- “I can now approach my writing with confidence. Thank you”
Who can attend
Non-fiction professional writers
The organiser will be sent the details of this message.
Sorry, there appears to have been an error. Please try again later.