Your name has been added to the wait list for this event. The event organiser will contact you through your email address once there are available seats / slots.
Infant's Play Room Term 1, 2019
Cameragal Montessori 0-3 Program provides classes for parents and infants aged birth to 18 months inspired by the work of Maria Montessori and Magda Gerber.
The Montessori "Play Room" is an early education program for parents and their infants. Classes are run in the afternoons. Classes share knowledge of topics related to the development of the child and are given practical suggestions concerning the application of Montessori principles in the home.
The RIE approach adds a valuable dimension to the afternoon classes. This method focuses on engaging in dialogue with infants and toddlers through respectful and peaceful care.
- provide a safe yet engaging environment to support the infant's emerging curiosity and discovery
- supports parents in establishing clear, consistent and age-appropriate expectations fostering self-regulation
- encourages freedom of movement and uninterrupted play to build competence and self-confidence for the child
- utilise the art of sensitive observation as a tool for understanding the child
- discuss ideas for adapting the home environment for the infant
Our Class Teacher
Peta Gibson is a Montessori AMI 0-3 Diploma holder and has completed the RIE Foundations: Theory and Observation Course and studied at the Pikler Institute, First Level Summer training in Budapest. Peta has been involved in Montessori education for 10 years as an educator and is the mother to five beautiful Montessori and RIE raised children ranging from university to preschool age.
Cameragal Montessori School 0-3 Program
Mosman Harbourside Church Hall
Mosman, NSW 2088
Vicki Allison - Enrolment Manager
Ph: 9954 0344
This event is currently closed and no contact details are available