RWA OWL: Self-Publishing POD – love your own books
There’s no better joy to an aspiring romance author than the arrival of that first book baby. Holding that debut book in your hands, flipping the pages, rubbing the cover and staring at your author picture may seem a surreal dream, but it’s not. Advancements in technology make it possible for you to self-publish simply - if you know how.
I’ll eliminate the worries from your self-publishing journey by teaching you tips and tricks; what worked for me and what didn’t.
As an indie author of two romance novels The Zanzibar Moon and Kendwa’s Secret and successful freelance writer, I can show you how to take the next steps. I have worked in publishing as a book marketing publicist, developed writer websites and ghostwritten to help other writers achieve their goals. My qualifications include a writing diploma, TESOL certificate, graphic arts, printing, publishing, public speaking, event management and writing for over thirty years.
Let me help you:
● Avoid the common pitfalls.
● Celebrate your ability.
● The A, B, Cs of self-publishing (Aptitude, Belief, Creativity).
● Drafts, edits, re-drafts and re-edits and the tricks to help.
● Network with your tribe for the processes you can’t do yourself.
● The dozen of self-publishing (1. Write, 2. Drafts/Edits, 3. Register, 4. Market, 5. Layout, 6. Book Cover, 7. Proof, 8. Last Edit, 9. Print, 10. Distribute, 11. Social Media, 12. Website and other marketing).
● Enjoy the creative freedom of self-publishing.
● Checklists to make the best decisions to produce a book that mixes it with the traditionals.
● Keeping records that don’t dampen your enthusiasm.
The course will run for four weeks.
Lessons will be disseminated each week in downloadable Word and PDF handouts, along with YouTube videos. The presenter will email all participants once a week before the next lesson.
Prior to the course a questionnaire will need to be completed so the presenter can see where each participant is at with their romance writing.
To get the most out of this course it’s best to have intermediate computer skills and access to the internet. Anyone who is enthusiastic and willing to learn is welcome to join in.
Donna Munro is the indie author of two adventure romance novels and a successful freelance writer who has been published in national magazines. She has a background in publishing, book marketing, graphic design, printing, WordPress/Wix websites and ghostwriting. She helps other writers aspire to publication through her website www.warmwittywords.com.au
Course Dates: 1st to 28th April 2019
Cost: RWA-Member – $55.00 Non RWA-Member – $88.00
* Please note, there is a $0.50 Trybooking fee at checkout.
Venue: Online - RWA Moodle Platform
(Course attendees will be notified of access/login details via email from the OWL Registrar a few days prior to the start date of the course)
RWA OWL Courses PO Box Q740 Queen Victoria Building NSW 1230
Contact Details: Tania Lee OWL Registrar email@example.com
This event is currently closed and no contact details are available