FACETS (Fatigue: Applying Cognitive behavioural and Energy Effectiveness Techniques to LifeStyle) is an evidence-based group program for people living with multiple sclerosis to support self-management of fatigue.
The program was developed in the United Kingdom by researchers from Bournemouth University and clinical staff from Poole Hospital.
The FACETS program incorporates ‘energy effectiveness’ techniques and ways of working that maximise the energy people have – alongside cognitive behavioural strategies, helping participants learn helpful ways of thinking about fatigue.
The program consists of 6 face-to-face sessions in groups of 8 – 12 people held weekly.
HOW WE CAN HELP
MS occupational therapists and nurses have been trained to deliver the FACETS program and will be offering face to face programs in Sydney and in Melbourne in 2019.
FACETS Fatigue Management
- 6 sessions
- 2 hour sessions
- Weekly meetings
- Led by trained staff
- Maximum group size is 12
- people who are living with multiple sclerosis
- life is impacted by fatigue
- able to walk independently, with or without a walking aid
The 6 week program, including workbook and all resources is $80 per person. Participants are encouraged to bring a family member or friend for the first session
MS Studdy Centre
80 Betty Cuthbert Drive
- Thursday 21 February, 10.00am - 12.00pm
- Thursday 28 February, 10.00am - 11.30am
- Thursday 7 March, 10.00am - 11.30am
- Thursday 14 March, 10.00am - 11.30am
- Thursday 21 March, 10.00am - 11.30am
- Thursday 28 March, 10.00am - 11.30am
Education Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Trybooking proudly supports charities by donating back all booking fees
This event is currently closed and no contact details are available