Eat Well Play Well Term 4, 2019
These sessions are open to all community members and are run on Tuesday mornings at 10am during School terms. The sessions will run for 1-1.5 hours.
Number of attendees for each is capped, so please register your attendance through this page.
A gold coin donation is appreciated to support the running of these events.
We look forward to meeting everyone throughout 2019.
Session dates: 8th October, 22nd October, 12th November and 10th December.
- Best age to start solids. Reducing food allergy risk.
- Transition from spoon-feeding to finger food and family food.
- Preventing choking. Easy, healthy family meal ideas.
- Making and storing baby food. Using bottles and cups.
- Other topics: organic vs conventionally grown food, vegetarian diets for mums and babies, baby lead weaning. Best drinks for toddlers.
Session Dates: 15th October and 19th November.
- How much and what foods toddlers need each day.
- Why toddler’s appetites vary from day to day and how to manage this.
- How eating with your child helps teach healthy eating habits.
- Division of responsibility at mealtimes: ‘Parents provide, children decide’.
- Easy & nutritious meal, snack, and lunchbox ideas.
- “Everyday” and “sometimes” foods. Best drinks for children.
- Ideas for active play with your children.
- Children’s speech development.
Fuelling your body & exercise after pregnancy:
Session dates: 29th October
- How much and what foods mums need while breastfeeding.
- Eating well for health after pregnancy.
- Meal planning and shopping tips for healthy family meals.
- Developing healthy family eating habits.
- Exercise after pregnancy for a strong back and pelvic floor.
Banyule Community Health
Main Thomas Rossell room, 21 Alamein Road, West Heidelberg, Victoria 3081
This event is currently closed and no contact details are available