2019 NDA Dietitian Auckland Workshops
Due to the success of the two day series over the last few years, Heath, Not Diets will continue to offer two days of non-diet approach workshops designed especially for dietitians in 2019. The first day is a foundational workshop for dietitians and nutrition professionals who have not previously attended non-diet approach training, or who may like some revision and an update on research. The Day 2 workshop is suitable for those who are looking to extend and consolidate their skills. The content for Day 2 is new each year to meet the changing needs of the profession. The workshops are on consecutive days so that you can choose to come to both Day 1, Day 2 or both. Both workshops are presented by Fiona Willer, AdvAPD and Fiona Sutherland, APD, SDA.
Day 1: With a thorough explanation of the evidence base as well as hands-on activities, this professional development event will help you to develop foundational competence in using this mode of treatment with your clients/patients. This practical workshop is perfect for dietitians working in private practice, weight management clinics and hospital outpatient services. Includes your own copy of The Non-Diet Approach Guidebook for Dietitians.
Find out about:
- The Health at Every Size (HAES) ® movement
- The five core components of the non-diet approach
- Strategies and worksheets to use with your clients
- Evidence base, current research and practice based research potential
- How to integrate the non-diet approach into the Nutrition Care Process, including nutrition diagnosis and PESS statement development
Day 2: This full day workshop is designed both as a next step from the foundational training as well as ongoing skill development for advanced non-diet approach practitioners. In 2019 our theme for Day 2 will again be COMMUNICATION. Using various communication frameworks, we will explore how to most effectively communicate weight-neutral concepts by being able to identify where your client/colleagues/collaborators are at, and tailoring your message for highest effectiveness (and lowest likelihood of resistance!). We also spend a session addressing practice issues encountered by workshop participants (so bring your questions and quandaries and we will work through them).
Don’t worry if you haven’t integrated HAES into every element of your practice (or if you only learned about it the day before!), this workshop will help you to build confidence and work through sticking points. For advanced practitioners including those who have previously attended our advanced workshops, this workshop offers new material, an opportunity to reflect on your practice, hone your skills and network with other fantastic dietitians in your area.
- Day 1: $280AUD (EARLY BIRD $265)
- Day 2: $200AUD (EARLY BIRD $190)
- Day 1 and 2: $420AUD (EARLY BIRD $400)
Dates and locations for 2019
- FREMANTLE: Wednesday 26th and Thursday 27th JUNE, The Meeting Place, South Fremantle, (EARLY BIRD ENDS MARCH 25th)
- AUCKLAND: Monday 7th and Tuesday 8th OCTOBER, Parnell Community Centre (EARLY BIRD ENDS JULY 6th)
- MELBOURNE: Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th OCTOBER, venue TBA (EARLY BIRD ENDS JULY 11th)
- NEWCASTLE: Thursday 21st and Friday 22nd NOVEMBER, venue TBA (EARLY BIRD ENDS AUGUST 20th)
See www.healthnotdiets.com for more details.
Fiona Willer 0413 248 123
This event is currently closed and no contact details are available