GSSE Education Program 2019 - June Exam
- The Generic Surgical Sciences Exam is mandatory for entrance into most surgical speciality training programs. Previous surgical residents have found the anatomy component the most enjoyable and easiest to study, however often physiology and pathology are unfamiliar and challenging.
- The St Vincent's Pre-SET Surgical Society have designed an intensive three day education program to assist with those difficult topics. We run the course twice a year, with Course One aimed at the June 2019 exam, and Course Two aimed at the October 2019 exam.
- First session (Physiology) - Sunday 17th March 2019
- Cellular principles of medical physiology
- Gastrointestinal physiology
- Respiratory physiology
- Renal physiology
- Cardiovascular physiology
- Second session (Pathology) - Sunday 24th March 2019
- Cellular responses to stress and toxins
- Tissue regeneration
- Acute inflammation and innate immunity
- Adaptive immunity
- Third session (Micro/Pharm/Stats) - Sunday 31st March 2019
- Common medications
- Endocrine physiology
$220 per day
$550 for full three day course
$120 per day
$300 for full three day course
Medical students will need to please provide their student ID number when booking.
Cost of course includes printed booklet of lecture slides, morning and afternoon tea, lunch, tea and coffee, and importantly sugary refreshments to keep you going through a day of lectures!
University of Melbourne - St Vincent's Clinical School - Lecture Theatre (Beside Clinical Sciences / Library building)
23 Regent Street, Fitzroy, Victoria 3065
Pre-SET Surgical Committee GSSE Education Officer - Samantha Koschel
Email: email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
** TICKET SALES CLOSE ON THE MONDAY AT MIDNIGHT PRIOR TO EACH SESSION **
This event is currently closed and no contact details are available