Your name has been added to the wait list for this event. The event organiser will contact you through your email address once there are available seats / slots.
Senior Exercise Park Workshop
Professional Development Workshop
Tuesday 2nd April, 9.00am - 12.30pm
Barry Road Community Action Centre, 36 Barry Rd, Thomastown
Please arrive 15min prior
The newly constructed senior exercise park is an innovative design in outdoor exercise equipment, integrating multiple stations specifically designed for older people to improve strength, balance, flexibility, mobility and function. The senior exercise park is a novel concept that aims to fulfil the need for an active outdoor space for older people to be physically active in the community.
At this half-day evidence-based workshop you will learn:
- to recognise the impact of lack of physical activity in older age
- to understand the beneficial effects of using the senior exercise park equipment
- how to use the equipment safely
- what exercises can be prescribed and how to progress them
- how to run a group exercise class
This workshop gives you the opportunity to expand your knowledge and will include practical application experience in using the senior exercise park for your clients.
The workshop will be presented by the senior exercise park project team from the National Ageing Research Institute:
- Associate Professor Pazit Levinger, PhD, AEP
- Dr. Maya Panisset, MSPT (Physiotherapist), PhD
- Jeremy Dunn, Accredited Exercise Physiologist (AEP)
Who should attend:
- Healthcare providers
- Allied health professionals (exercise science/physiologists, physiotherapists)
- Exercise instructors
- Cost: Free
There are limited spots available, please register before the 26th of March to secure your spot
- Venue: Barry Rd Community Action Centre
- Morning tea, workshop materials and a
certificate of attendance will be provided.
The organiser will be sent the details of this message.
Sorry, there appears to have been an error. Please try again later.