Canberräng is Canberra’s festival of swing and one of Australia’s longest running and best-loved swing dance exchanges. In 2019 join us from 1-4 August as we celebrate the greatest hits of swing.
With ten events powered by incredible live bands and Australia’s top swing DJs, Canberräng: The Greatest Hits is set to be an epic compilation paying tribute to the iconic music, moments and people that have shaped swing dance through the years.
Featuring headline acts Professor Cunningham & His Old School (direct from NYC) and the sublime jazz vocalist Hetty Kate, don’t miss what is sure to be four unforgettable days of social dancing!
We will be dancing at ten great Canberra venues including:
- Albert Hall
- Hotel Kurrajong
- Lake George Winery
- Old Bus Depot Markets
- Highball Express
- A Bite to Eat ...and more!
Pass and Ticket Pricing
The early bird discount is automatically applied to Canberräng Passes from now until 11:59 pm Sunday 30 June 2019.
Entry to all events during Canberräng:
- Canberräng Pass Early Bird price: $195 (full price from 1 July will be $215)
- Canberräng Pass Early Bird with T-Shirt price: $220 (full price from 3 July will be $240)
Individual event tickets:
- Thursday night 'What a Wonderful World at the Griffith Community Centre: $20
- Friday night 'It's The Way That You Swing It' at Hotel Kurrajong: $45
- Friday after party 'How High the Moon' at White Eagle Polish Club: $25
- Saturday morning 'Taint’ What You Do' at Garema Place: $0
- Saturday afternoon 'Herräng Express' at Highball Express: $30
- Saturday night 'Harlem Shout!' at Albert Hall: $50
- Saturday after party 'Jump, Jive and Wail' at White Eagle Polish Club: $25
- Sunday morning 'Lindy Hopper's Delight' $0
- Sunday afternoon 'Shout, Sister, Shout!' at the Lake George Winery: $45
- Bus ticket for the Winery (not included in any other pass or ticket type): $10
- Sunday night 'After you’ve gone at A Bite to Eat: $20
Up until 30 June: full refund, minus $30 processing fee
After 30 June: refund of 50% of the ticket price
After 14 July: no refunds can be given
Long distance discount. f you wish to receive a long distance discount (for dancers from WA, NT, TAS or overseas) at the time of registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible with the discount code to use in TryBooking. This will enable you to pay the discounted amount when you register.
Parent Pass. For dancers with families, we offer a Parent Pass. This allows a couple with children who cannot attend events together as a couple to alternate usage of a Canberräng Pass for events over the weekend. This is approved on a case-by-case basis, so please email us if you wish to utilise a Canberräng Pass as a Parent Pass. This pass is not to be used by anyone without children. This pass cannot be used by both parents at the same time.
Volunteering. Did you know that Canberräng is run entirely by volunteers? See the volunteer page on our website for the rebate being offered. Canberräng 2019 is fortunate to be able financially recognise volunteers who go above and beyond by providing a post-event rebate on the Canberräng Pass. It’s our way of saying thanks for helping us that extra bit!
- Key volunteer: 4-5 hours during Canberräng - $40
- Late night volunteer: 2 hours at a late-night party - $40
- Support volunteer: 1-2 hours during Canberräng - $0 (but you will still get good karma plus our eternal gratitude)
Code of Conduct
By attending our event you are agreeing to the Canberräng Code of Conduct. See the website for more information.
- Proudly brought to you by Jumptown Swing! -
The organiser will be sent the details of this message.
Sorry, there appears to have been an error. Please try again later.